NOTE: We are not requiring new clients to complete intakes, nor are we requiring members renew their membership.
During the current Covid pandemic, we are dedicated to supporting any and all single parent families.
Intakes and renewals will resume, once the Centre opens to the public. The information below is for reference only:
There are three methods by which a parent can provide proof of single parent status:
1. A recent document showing your current Marital Status* | Documents which should show current marital status include:
|· Divorce or Separation Agreement
· Custody Agreement
· GST Credit & HSTC Notice
· CCB Notice (Canada Child Benefit)
|· Court Order
· Lease or Tenancy Agreement
· BC Housing Application Form
· Universal Child Care Benefit Notice
*Note that a Notice of Assessment does NOT show an individual’s current marital status.
2. A completed Confirmation of Single Parent Status form
CLICK HERE to print a Confirmation of Single Parent Status form. This form can be completed by any community professional and then brought, or faxed in to the Centre to complete the intake or renewal.
3. Log in* to your Canada Revenue Agency ‘My Account’ *must already be registered with CRA
If you have already created an account and are registered with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), come into the Centre, and you can simply log-in to your ‘My Account’ and click on ‘Personal Profile’ A staff or volunteer will confirm your status on the intake form.
If you have any questions, please contact us for more information