Course Facilitator: Contract Position
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced facilitator to learn and deliver our core program courses. The Core courses are Healthy Boundaries, Lighthouse Parent, and Understanding Anger and Stress. The successful candidate will be given an orientation to the curriculum and then be responsible for delivering the course. The position reports to the Educational Programs Coordinator.
All the courses are 2 hours once a week and run for either 6 weeks or 8 weeks. The position requires evening availability. The hourly facilitation rate is $26.00. Weekly classes are 2 hours or 2.5 hours, plus one hour of pay for set-up/take-down. Courses are delivered at our Centre located at 602 Gorge Road East. The next offering of Core courses will begin in September 2019.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field ie.; Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, Education.
- Minimum of 5 years employment experience in a social services/helping field. Volunteer experience will be considered
- Experience in the subject area and knowledge of current research
- 3 years as an adult educator demonstrated through running workshops or classes in an academic or agency setting and/or facilitating groups in an academic or agency setting
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse client base
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of issues related to being a single parent
Interested individuals please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org