We are always accepting donations of new items, such as gift cards, toiletries, large-size diapers, wipes, non-perishable foods, and toys.
We are currently accepting up to 2 large bags of gently-used clothing and personal items, per visit.
Please call us at 250-385-1114 or email email@example.com if you have any questions about our donation guidelines.
|OTHER THRIFT STORES & ORGANIZATIONS:|
St. Vincent de Paul Society
1010 Craigflower Rd. | (250)-590-8390
4349 W Saanich Rd | (250) 727-0007
2784 Claude Rd. | (250) 478-0282
1551 Cedar Hill Cross Rd. | (250)-382-3714
3948 Quadra St. | (250)-727-3853
990 Hillside Ave. | (250)-380-7717
Monthly donation days: http://sivw.ca/events/
*Currently Accepting: baking/cooking dishes & pans, serving utensils, linens, small furnishings, cleaning products, small microwaves, & bathroom furnishings.
W.I.N. (Women In Need)
(250) 480-4006 ext. 204
Housewares & Clothing: 555 Ardersier Rd.
Hours of Operation:
*Furniture items only accepted until 4pm. Donations accepted at the discretion of warehouse staff.
|RECYCLING & DISPOSAL OPTIONS:|
524 David Street | (250) 386-4342 *Disposal Fees may apply
· Beds and Mattresses
· Chemicals (Propane Bottles, Solvents, )
· Glass (Bottles, Jars, Ceramic, Dishes, Mirrors)
· Hard plastic (Car Seats, Toys, Exersaucers, Baby Baths)
· Metal (Brass, Copper, Stainless Steel, Wiring, Christmas Lights)
· Paper (Newsprint, Office Supplies, Magazines)
|The Bottle Depot (Encorp Return-It)
Victoria: 655 Queens Ave. | Saanich: 4261 Glanford Ave.
· Computers & Monitors
· Copier & Fax machines
· Battery Operated & Remote Control Toys
· Cellular, Telephones & Answering Machines
· Vehicle Electronic Products
Our Business Hours:
Monday: 9AM – 4 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Wednesday: 12 PM – 7 PM
Thursday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Friday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Other Organizations that Accept Donations
Schedule a FREE pick-up: 1-800-505-5525
- Clothesline happily accepts the following items:
Gently used clothing
- All cloth-based items
- Sleeping bags
- Belts and ties
- Small household items
- Small electronics – cell phones, laptops, tablets, iPods, digital cameras, gaming consoles, PDAs.
Please note that electronics and small household items are not accepted at our Clothesline drop boxes.
Big Brothers & Big Sisters
To arrange a FREE pick up: (250) 385-7226
Bring them directly to our office at 230 Bay St (Mon – Fri 9:00AM – 5:00PM)
- Bring them to one of our attended stations:
855 Langford Parkway (Sat – 11AM-3PM)
Tillicum Mall parking lot outside Old Navy
(Mon – Fri 9:30AM – 7:00PM, Sat & Sun 9:30AM – 5:00PM)
Items We Accept (all donated items must be in good, resalable condition):
- Men’s, Women’s and Children’s Clothing
- Clothing Accessories (Hats, Wallets, Purses, Shoes & Boots
- Bedding & Linens (Sheets, Blankets, Towels, Small Household Mats, Tablecloths, Dishtowels)
- Other Cloth Items (Sewing Fabric, Cushions, Wool, Curtains and Drapes)
We can also accept 1 to 2 Medium-Sized Boxes of Miscellaneous Household Items Such As:
- Knick Knacks
- Pots and Pans, Coffee and Tea Pots, Cooking Utensils, Dishes, etc…
- Stuffed Animals, Toys and Games
Women In Need
Donation Line: 250-480-4006 ext. 204
For all household good donations please note:
It is always up to the discretion of the warehouse staff whether or not we can accept the items brought to the warehouse as we are very short on space and can’t guarantee we can take everything being donated. All items must be clean, in working order, and free of damage.
For all clothing and linen donations please note:
All items must be laundered, and free of any major damage. Clothing must be separated from their hangers before donation.
For all furniture donations please note:
1. That it is always up to the discretion of the warehouse staff whether or not we can accept the items brought in for donation as we are very short on space and can’t guarantee we can take everything being donated. Feel free to email a picture of the furniture pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can give you a better idea if they are items that we might take. We are unable to accept any furniture items brought in after 4pm.
2. All items are required to be in good condition with no damage, stains, rips or tears and in working condition (with no need for repair)
3. All upholstered items must be from a pet free and smoke free home.
4. They are not able to accept any pieces of furniture that have been taken apart as it is very difficult to know if all pieces are there and we end up paying a lot to recycle unusable furniture.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity Victoria ReStore sells quality new and gently used furniture, appliances, home décor items and building materials to the public at greatly reduced prices. All products are donated by local people or businesses keeping useful items out of the landfill. ReStore proceeds cover Habitat Victoria’s administration costs ensuring that all donations to Habitat go directly to the construction of affordable homes for families in need. Gift-In-Kind donations to the ReStore for $100 or more may qualify for a tax receipt. Just ask our staff how when you drop off your donation.