Contract position – as needed
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced facilitator who identifies as male to deliver our Dads with Dads program. The Dads program is a weekly drop in group that combines a curriculum with open discussion and support within a group setting. The successful candidate will be given an orientation to the curriculum and then be responsible for delivering the course. The position reports to the Educational Programs Coordinator.
The group is 2 hours once a week and is continuous. The position requires evening availability. The hourly facilitation rate is $26.00. Weekly classes are 2 hours, plus one hour of pay for set-up/take-down. Courses are delivered at our Centre located at 602 Gorge Road East.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field ie.; Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, Education.
- Minimum of 5 years employment experience in a social services/helping field. Volunteer experience will be considered
- Experience in the subject area and knowledge of current research
- 3 years as an adult educator demonstrated through running workshops or classes in an academic or agency setting and/or facilitating groups in an academic or agency setting
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse client base
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of issues related to being a single parent
Interested individuals please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit letter of application and current resume attention: Lesley McNeely, 1Up Victoria Single Parent Resource Centre, 602 Gorge Road East, Victoria, BC V8T 2W6 or by email to: Lesley@1-up.ca
Closing date for submissions is – open until filled.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.